Guest Gallery from Instagram
Hear from our guests about their stay from 199 verified guest reviews
90%of our guests
recommend this hotel
We travelled as 2 couples to celebrate my 60th birthday, a special holiday. We'd never heard of Naka Island before seeing an advertisement but decided it was very worthy as the location for my 60th. As time got closer to our arrival I worried that we'd be bored for the 10 days we'd booked, but there was absolutely no need for worry at all, this place is just superb - do as much or as little as you like.
1. The spacious and well equipped Sea View Villas with our gorgeous pool just outside our picture window, the ocean behind it in Villa 49. The Pod Coffee maker was just terrific as was the daily delivery of real milk. The excellent Wi FI and the daily replenishment of the most gorgeous Thann products in the bathroom. We had an outdoor bath and shower as well as double vanities and a steam shower inside.
2. The morning activities, different each day. Yoga, aqua aerobics, pilates, Tai Chi and meditation were a fabulous way to start our day. Just a short 30 or 45 minutes which got us ready for breakfast. Then on some afternoons there was wine tasting with Daniele, the Sommelier. He was fantastic, he has an amazing knowledge of his wines.
3. Now the breakfasts were the best we've ever experienced and we've stayed at many places around the world. The high quality of the fresh fruit and the range and variety of cold foods was brilliant while the personal attention of the Omelette girls was a highlight of our day. Special touches like the daily fruit "shots', the fresh juices (carrot/pineapple/ orange etc), the honey comb and the Bloody Mary options elevated the 5 star offerings. Congratulations to the Kitchen manager and to his staff. Our eyes feasted every morning, along with our tummies!
4. The delightful welcome we received from each and every staff member from gardeners to wait staff to Spa staff and Concierge. Everyone seemed to treat us as special guests and nothing was too much trouble.
5. The Z bar was a great spot for an evening drink before dinner or instead of dinner!
The only thing we'd like to see changed would be a meet and greet area at Ao Por Grand Marina. Our transfer, privately arranged, dropped us off in the sun at the taxi car park area and left us to wait about 15 minutes for our speed boat driver. It wasn't a nice area and we began to wonder what sort of holiday we'd have. A small gazebo with 'The Naka Island' written on it so we could wait in the shade would have been so much more reassuring. When he arrived, our speed boat driver was amazing, but please have a small waiting area for Naka Island guests.
So would we come back! YES we will! Definitely! For another special holiday, it was magical.
Thank you to all the staff and management for making our holiday so memorable. We're spreading the word amongst our friends.